Innovative reseach program
The Center for Quality Promotion of Steel is the initiator of many scientific researches, which give a wide field of work on the work of reinforced concrete structures, confirms the theoretical knowledge about them, and is an impulse for introducing new solutions in design and execution.
The CPJS initiative was designed to identify the work of reinforced concrete construction in an emergency, just prior to complete destruction, to determine the bearing capacity, maximum deformation, scratch maps, and the impact of reinforcement steel on these aspects. Often the results and observations made during the study led to the need to verify current standards and to contribute to the development of new design solutions.
Research conducted in 2004-2016
For more than 10 years of its activity CPJS has initiated a number of interesting and innovative scientific researches, including:
- Study of bending of two-span reinforced concrete beam - Silesian University of Technology, 2004
- Study of single-span reinforced concrete beam cutting - Silesian University of Technology, 2006
- Testing of concrete adhesives in fire conditions - Main School of Fire Service, 2007
- Research on breakthrough of the plate-pole system - Silesian University of Technology, 2010 and 2016
- Examination of the plate-pole floor in emergency condition caused by removal of the support - Silesian University of Technology, 2014
All studies conducted in cooperation with CPJS are described in the Research section.
Detailed descriptions of selected studies can be found in our publications.